Insights on a Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment on "Sew Many Things"



If you've suffered from SD (Seborrheic Dermatitis) for quite some time, you know how much of a struggle is to keep it under control. And yes - you can only keep it under control because this is a condition that can't be cured.

Not only that, to make things worse, doctors prescribe steroids that are known to cause side effects on the long term (like thinning the skin, and in some cases ostheoporosis). So, it is good to hear about how other people approach the treatment of SD without using potentially-problematic products. Take for example this detailed post about seborrheic dermatitis I found on a blog called "Sew Many Things". In it, Kira, the writer of the blog, talks about her new approach to seborrheic dermatitis.

I've already took some notes from the post! We are living in times when many of the so called "medical cures" only bring new conditions. Check out also her results photos. You can see the great improvement!

1 comments:

Kira said...
on

George,

Six months in, this curious mind wants to know ... did my SB suggestions help any?

I did read another blurb a couple of weeks ago (can't find the source, of course) that mentioned milk (as well as gluten and/or yeast) being linked to eczema problems.

You might try cutting out dairy for a couple weeks to see if you get any improvement. I'm into 6+ months on my "changes" and I haven't even used my coal tar gel since July 2008.

As to food, I've been chowing down on Nancy Gaifyllia's Hummus recipe (from about.com) since I'm staying away from Nachos.

Find It